(Nearly!) All of Dublin in 5 hours
This 5hr walking tour is a thorough but leisurely-paced tour of most of Dublin’s major and minor sites. History, culture, architecture, Irish society, Irish language, literature, and many-a-joke to be heard during our preamble around the fair city.
An inspiring, in-depth exploration of Dublin’s history from Irish bridge, to Viking town, and from colonisation to Independence. For those who seek a deeper understanding of and connection with Ireland. If you only have one day to see as much of Dublin as possible, you need this tour!
We’ll walk a nice loop of the city centre, taking in every main site (as well as many minor ones) in Dublin. Your personable, professional and enthuasiastic guide will regale you with the fascinating history and culture of Dublin and Ireland. We’ll hear about Irish society, architecture, Irish language, literature, and of course, we’ll have ‘the craic’ (fun, good times) during our jaunt around the fair city. [See the itinerary for more details.]
A coffee break and a meal break will be included to nicely punctuate the tour.
See our TripAdvisor reviews for proof of how exceptional this tour really is:
“… an excellent guide! He knows his city and the history of his country and explains it in a super interesting and memorable way. We spent 5 hours walking around the city and the time flew by! Best decision that we made was to take this tour.” – Linda, Oct ’19
“We have used tour guides, local ones, on many adventures but we have never had a guide as wonderful as Garvan who showed us places, told us stories, sang, recited and explored one of a kind experiences in Dublin. Hands down he is one of the top three tour guides we have ever used in close to 30 years of traveling. He designed a custom tour for us which started at the Dublin Library and ended at the post office with a combination of site seeing, experiencing special commemorative events at the City Hall, the singing of “Molly Malone” and recitations of poetry by Yeats (Song of the Wandering Aengus). If we could clone him and use him in every city we would. It was an invigorating, emotion filled, curiosity satisfying foray into Irish culture through food, history, song, poetry and places. We will never forget Garvan and hope that one day we will have the honor, and it was indeed an honor, of going on another tour with him as our guide.” ~ David B., LA, Aug ’15
- Best time to start: 10am
- Combining this tour (on a different day) with the Museums Tour that we offer will allow you to experience the National Museum of History and Archaeology, National Library & National Gallery.
- The Book of Kells will be removed from public display from November 2019 to early March 2020.
- Guided tour of Old Library of Trinity College (entrance fees apply) where the Book of Kells is housed. Note that if this option is selected, the National Museum of History and Archaeology must be substituted out. On Mondays, the National Museum of History and Archaeology is closed.
- If you’re coming from Dublin Port, you can book a Taxi pick-up add-on.
- Dublin Castle
- Christchurch (or St. Patrick’s) Cathedral
- Trinity College
- Guided tour of National Museum OR Book of Kells exhibit
- Temple Bar
- City Hall
- Ha’Penny Bridge
- O’ Connell St (The Spire, GPO, Daniel O’Connell)
- Old Parliament Building
- Leinster House (Irish Parliament)
- Georgian Dublin
- St. Stephen’s Green
- Entry or admission fee
- Tip or gratuity
- Food & drinks
- Trinity, Book of Kells (entry fee €16.50 per person, €11 for children)
- Last-minute bookings (less than 24hr before the tour), an additional fee of €30 will be applied.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller / pram accessible
- Accessible for those with limited mobility
- Accessible for those with limited eye sight
- Ireland’s only official currency is the Euro.
- Most shops and restaurants accept credit cards (ex. Amex), but you can only pay cash on buses, trains and taxis.
- Conversion centers at the airport or around the city tend to be huge rip-offs. You won’t get charged as many fees at the ATM or the bank, and the conversion will be exact.
What do I need to bring?
- Make sure to bring comfortable walking shoes and a lightweight raincoat
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 5 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 30 days or less before event