Those who want to relax, a fitting ‘hello’ or ‘farewell’ to Dublin, a great night out in Dublin.
Suggested start time:
7pm, assuming you'll have eaten dinner prior to the tour
- Experience a Traditional Irish music band
- Sample some Irish craft beers/ciders
- Learn the secrets of Guinness beer (what makes the perfect pint) and family
- Learn about the heritage of Irish pub culture
- 30-60mins in a traditional Irish music pub
- 30-60mins in a ‘Guinness’ (or ‘old man’) pub
- 30-60mins in a Craft Beer pub
- 30-60mins in another quality Irish pub
- Spend the evening with a charming Irish person
What to expect on this tour
- Exercise – Dublin is a very compact city so we will NOT be covering vast distances
Communication forms – the guide will use a display folder full of photos, maps, etc. and might also sing or act
- Variety – the right mix of fun, culture and history to suit you!
- Private – no one else will be joining your group, ever.
- Professional, well-travelled, clear-spoken and personable Irish tour guide who is specialised in giving private tours and therefore is able to talk AND listen
- Lifetime memories – create wonderful and lasting memories
Savour the sweet tastes of the fair city on this exploration of a variety of Dublin pubs and elixirs.
Dublin is where pubs are born. Some don’t survive, many leave the Irish shore, several have midlife crises, but a few are ageing gracefully. They contribute so much character to the quaint and literary city that is Dublin. Follow in the footsteps of the Irish literary giants like Patrick Kavanagh, Flann O’Brien and Brendan Behan and raise a glass to them in the same pub where they raised many glasses over the years!
If Dublin has hidden gems, they’re the pubs that don’t advertise to tourists. Avoid the tourist traps and fake ‘Irish’ pubs! Escape with the locals to learn how to savour a pint of Guinness. Find out how to ensure you always get a great pint and why it’s important! On this tour we’ll explore 4 different pubs that encapsulate one or more aspects of Dublin’s pub heritage. This is supposed to be a fun night out with your own personable Irish friend.
The authentic Irish pub where a conversation is flowing faster than the beer, where the character of the pub is as fascinating as the characters in it, where literature, society and history eternally lives.
By the end of the tour, you will have learned to appreciate Guinness like a local, learned how to say ‘Cheers’ in Irish, explored some outstanding beers that will change your perception of what ‘beer’ can be, and you’ll have had a great laugh, enjoying great ‘craic’ with your new Irish friend.
Traditional Irish music pub
A pub where we’ll hear and possibly watch a live traditional Irish music session – the quintessential Irish experience. Authentic sessions are quite rare.
‘Guinness’ (or ‘old man’) pub
A pub that is known for serving great Guinness, mainly because it’s not a new bar. Oftentimes, it’s a pub that dates back to the 1950s or older. Frequented by men whose fathers frequented the place, these pubs are dots on the map of Dublin as eternal as the stars dotting the night sky.
Craft Beer pub
Ireland has rightfully punch over its weight with producing some of the world’s newest brewing innovations. From Donegal’s Kinnegar which includes rye in most of their beers, to Sligo’s White Hag (Garvan’s bet for the best brewery in the country) which has become quite adept at aging their beers in old casks of chardonnay, cabernet sauvignon, whiskey, or sherry. Wonderfully dry and sweet ciders, balanced IPAs, light wheat beers, new takes on old Irish staples like stouts, porters and red ales. We hope to sample but a few of the delights of the myriad breweries in the Dublin area.
Another quality Irish pub
There are so many pubs in Dublin that can’t be slotted into one particular category. Some are new and interesting, some are old and hidden gems. Any pub we bring you to has been tried and tasted!
- Tip or gratuity
- Entry or admission fee
- Food & drinks
- The price of drinks is not included in the tour price. A pint of beer or glass of wine can range from €6-9. A glass of whiskey from €6 upwards.
- COVID 19 – We abide by current governmental safety guidelines. We suggest you read about Ireland’s current COVID updates on the Citizens Information website
- Not accessible for those with limited mobility, limited eyesight, wheelchairs, stroller/pram unless booked for early in the day
- Make sure to bring comfortable walking shoes
- Weather – Check the weather before the tour to determine if you’ll need a lightweight raincoat or not
- Further details available once you click into our booking engine linked by a button called ‘Check availability’ or ‘Book’
- Complementary tour – If you book this tour, we recommend booking any of the following tours for another day to enhance your Dublin experience: Museums Tour, Food Tour, Crafts & Design
- 15+ days before : Free postponement or 80% refund (we retain 20% to cover admin costs)
- 14-8 days before : 50% refund
- 7-0 days before : 0% refund
- All cancellations must be discussed via email or phone. Booking fees are non-refundable. For more info, see our T&Cs
“They may forget what you said…but they will never forget how you made them feel.”
Carl W. Buehner
Over 10,000 happy customers
Don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews below.
“Garvan led our family of 6 ( ages 20-61 ) on a fabulous Pub Crawl. He took us to 4 pubs and ordered various beers for all of us to taste. He gave us the history of the beers we were drinking and taught us so much about pouring and drinking beer. He was a wealth of knowledge and an absolute pleasure to be with!!”
B.Kurnick from LA – Dec ‘16
Lots of Irish music and dancing
“… For the Pub Crawl, we visited 4 pubs including dinner at the first one which was reserved for us in advance. Bartle made sure we visited historic pubs and saw Irish music and dancing.”
Barnett L, SC – May ‘19
Short but sweet pub crawl!
“Been on a tour with 10 colleagues with a guide named Nicholas. Nicholas came to our hotel to start the tour from there. We only had 1.5 to 2 hours and because we also left a little later, the tour was shorter than what was actually offered. But in this short time Nicholas has told us a lot, showed us the city and informed us about several fun facts! We ended up visiting one pub, as we also stayed there longer than planned.”
Roos -January ‘6
Book your bespoke tour of Dublin
Designed according to your needs, our tours are aimed at providing a private Dublin experience to you and your travel companions.
Please complete the short form below and your brochure will be available for download immediately.
Sign up for our 21-day Travel Agent
Please complete the short form below.