Work with Us
Dublin’s top-rated (TripAdvisor) Private Walking Tour company seeks new additions to our small team of tour guides. If you are enthusiastic, dynamic, highly personable, and professional, our high quality clients need you. We pride ourselves in delivering a tour experience that far exceeds the client’s expectations.
Please read our TripAdvisor reviews to better understand our devotion to customer satisfaction.
- At least 1 year experience guiding, preferably in Dublin, and preferably doing walking tours.
- At least a Bachelor of Arts, preferably in one of the degrees that complements tour guiding.
- Significant study of history/sociology/tourism books that develop an appreciation of one’s content, context, country, culture as well as those of their client – the tourist.
- Can demonstrate that you can deliver tours to a very high standard through testimonials: TripAdvisor, direct feedback from customers, companies’ references etc.
- Great knowledge of Dublin, Irish culture and history. – Excellent communication skills.
- Emotional maturity, e.g. ability to remain calm and collected when dealing with difficult guests.
- Lived in a non-English speaking country.
- Easy to work with – Must be flexible and willing to adapt and learn, technologically savvy, open to new systems and be attentive and organized in your communication.
- Personality – Your personality should be vibrant, energetic and extroverted. You must naturally desire to talk and connect with people of all backgrounds and you should be dynamic and varied in the way you interact with different people.
- Attitude and belief – As a tour guide your raison d’être must be to strive to give every client the greatest tour they’ve ever had. You also must believe that being a tour guide is a wholly fulfilling and satisfying job, but that it’s not just a job, but a reflection of everything you are.
What we offer
- A Nurturing Environment – Our philosophy is to facilitate a positive symbiotic environment where everyone can share and thrive. Each guide shares books, articles and knowledge with the group on a casual basis. The company endeavours to make each guide’s experience with the company, and with the clients, as pleasant and satisfactory as possible. Our mission is to give you complete job fulfillment.
- Training – Complementary tour guide training to enable you to advance from the standard/common level of training. We will facilitate your development in order to deliver tours to a very high standard, consistently.
- High Guiding Fees – Compensation in the form of a percentage of the tour revenue rather than a small flat fee, like what most companies offer. This means that when the company thrives, the guide thrives.
- Convenience and Flexibility – As a self-employed freelance tour guide, you decide which tours you’d like to do. Tours are normally booked 2-8 months in advance which is perfect for planning your own schedule. We all work from a shared Google calendar, where you can see each tour and claim whichever one suits. Claiming tours couldn’t be easier.
Certificate of Excellence Based on "550" reviewsView testimonials
Over 10,000 happy customers
Don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews below.